Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge and the Friends of Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge 10th Annual Amateur Photo Contest
This years photo contest is dedicated in the memory of Kathy Owen.
IF you submitted an entry between September 1, 2019 and March 1st, 2020 WE DID NOT RECEIVE IT and you will need to re-submit your entry on our new website (here).
We apologize for the inconvenience.
NOTE: You may EITHER download and print our PDF paper entry form (2020 FINWR Photo Contest Form) and use it to submit photos by mail, OR you may upload photos to us by using our online entry form (our entry form has moved, click here to access the form on our new website).
Photographers may enter only one (1) photo per category:
- Refuge Wildlife – mammals, birds, fish, insects, reptiles, etc. Refuge
- Habitat/Scenery – depicts a view or views of natural features of a landscape, or an area or environment in which an animal or plant normally lives.
- Young Nature Photographer – young photographers aged 14 years old and younger. Photo subject should be wildlife or habitat from Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge.
NOTE: Photographers over 14 yrs. of age may enter two (2) photos/ Wildlife and Habitat. Photographers 14 yrs. and under may enter a total of three (3) photos/ Young Nature Photographer (1), Wildlife(1), and Habitat(1).
Official Contest Rules (photos may be disqualified if ANY of these rules is not followed)
- Photographers must be non-professional.
- All entries must be taken in public areas or during events at Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge between September 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020.
- Photographs must be in digital format. Please submit .jpeg/ .jpg images using the upload button in the form below.; the digital images will be judged as submitted. Both black & white and color photos are eligible. All digital entries should be accompanied by the signed contest entry form below.
- (VERY IMPORTANT) Filenames must be constructed as follows: Division_Photographer.jpg
Where: Division (Wildlife, Habitat or Youth) Photographer (your full name.)
- All entries must be received by midnight August 31, 2020.
- When you include your signature on this form, you assign reproduction rights to the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge and Friends of Iroquois NWR for the purpose of promoting and supporting the refuge. YOU will always maintain your copyright.
The photos and prizes will be awarded at the Friends of Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge Annual Meeting in November,2020
Reproduction Rights and Liabilities
Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge reserves the right to use all entries for the purpose of promoting and supporting the national wildlife refuge without compensation to the photographer; however, the copyright will remain with the photographer. Credit and notification will be given to the photographer when possible. A signature on the registration form constitutes acceptance of these terms. All entries become the property of the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge. Photographs taken at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge may not be commercially used without the refuge’s written consent. While extreme care will be taken in handling all entries, the refuge cannot be responsible for any damage to photographs.